Thursday, January 11, 2007

Running Around in a Tank Top Without Shaving


Yes, I did that today. I thought I was okay but after my workout, I realized I'd been flashing armpit hair!

But you know what? I'm cool with it. Anyone who has read my books has looked into my heart and soul. Yes, I may disguise certain people, events and even myself, but publishing my fiction is a bit like running around in a tank top without having shaved. If I didn't bare it all, if I try to be dishonest, than the stories wouldn't be compelling and you'd get bored and never remember a word I had written after you finished the book.

However, rest assured that when I came home from the gym and showered, I made sure to take care of business.
Cheers,
Mary

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Poor Mary! Poor Julia!

But who can blame either of you... you are a parent of one, she has twins!

We all forget from time to time. Honestly.

Louise said...

LOL. We've all done it.

Weez :)

Pam Skochinski said...

Yep. . . as a mom to a teen and two preschoolers, there are days when I'm lucky to fit in a quick shower, let along "take care of business".

Whoever said that writing is like opening a vein is right. . . you gotta write from the heart or it just doesn't sound right.

Michele Cwiertny said...

LOL! Okay, gotta admit that the Julia photo surprised me, but...yep, we've all done it.

And I love your analogy of comparing the hairy situation to writing, Mary--perfect. :-)

M.

Dana Diamond said...

I love it! You know me and my tank tops...

And I love this notion of letting it all hang out. Like that quote you introduced me to from Trump: "Go big or go home."

:) d

ShareThis