Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I've Got Nuthin'

To blog about anyway.

I'm deep in writing mode while pitching ideas to magazines, cooking (I'm in this experimentation phase that doesn't seem to be ending any time soon) growing an herb garden with the Little Dude (he has a green thumb!) and oh yeah, trying to spend time with that guy I married seven years ago!

But rather than be a blogger dud, I thought I'd share a book with you that I finished recently.

If you're in a slump and need some inspiration, run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore and get this book. I couldn't put it down. Heck, I started drinking tons of water so I had an excuse to go to the bathroom and read the book while my husband watched the Little Dude.
I started watching Paula Deen's show on the Food Network back when the Little Dude was three months old. (He must think that Paula is one of his grandmas and that Rachel Ray is a really cool aunt!) Anyway, Paula bravely talks about her agoraphobia and her darkest moments as a mother, wife and human being. And yet, you recognize yourself in her and when she gets to the part as she climbs out of the pit to start her own busines, you cheer her on. At the end, I felt that if Paula could do what she has done, I could, too!
There's my blog for the day. I'll try to check in and not be a total loser.
Cheers,
Mary

No comments:

ShareThis