Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Practical Magic


If it wasn't for this six-sided Ms. Manicure nail file and buffer, I would never keep my ass down at my desk. When I hit a wall in the writing, or my characters chicken out and won't go down those dark places where the emotions are raw and dripping, I reach for my nail file rather than leave my computer. Not only do I work my way around the wall, or work up the courage to venture into the dark places, my nails look fabulous!

Oh and then I discovered Ulta Spa Renewal Hand Rescue Cream. If you want to treat yourself, Ulta is having a sale!

So what practical magic do you use to stay in your seat?

Mary

9 comments:

Erica Orloff said...

Great post. I use music. And I light candles. Lots and lots of candles. Then I guess I figure I can't get up and risk lighting the house on fire. :-)

E

Dana Diamond said...

That was such a psyche!

I thought for sure you were going to mention Practical Magic the movie! Which I'm dying to see again...it is October after all.

As for your question, I blog, e-mail and surf the net.

Usually that's enough of a break from the project, but short enough that I'm still in the chair when I'm raring to go again.

:) d

Unknown said...

Erica, I used to light candles but then I woke up one morning and realized I'd left them going all night. And I'm a firefighter's kid!

Dana, you know what? I've never seen that movie. Right now I'm going through a ghost story/star-crossed lovers phase. I just sent Titanic back to NetFlix and damn it, I still cried when Leo died!

Michele said...

I'm putting Practical Magic in the DVD player right NOW! Gotta go... :-)

Michele said...

Oh, wait...I kinda missed the point of your post! LOL

Dana Diamond said...

Viewing party anyone?

Is there such a thing as a Black Magic Martini? If not, we'll have to create one!

:) d

Unknown said...

Bethany, that's why you have to get something from Ms. Manicure. If anything, you'll burn calories! ;-)

Unknown said...

Okay, Michele, so whaddya do to stay at the keyboard ... besides watching movies!

Mary

Michele said...

Um...Watch movies on my desktop? LOL

Okay, to be fair, they're movies like the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, which I can tune in and out of while writing because I've seen that movie a gazillion times. Yes, a gazillion. Bride and Prejudice is another one with which I can do that. It's either those two movies or classical music that keeps me glued to the keyboard.

ShareThis