Monday, January 25, 2010

And then what happens?



"Sleepless Night by Natalie Kilany @ Art.com

According to my to-do list, I’m supposed to fix up the outline for Act III. After all the books (published and otherwise) I’ve written, Act III is still the toughest for me to untangle. There are three reasons why: (a) I don't want to let go of that world (Orange County Noir, Hot Tamara, In Between Men), (b) I'm so tired of those characters' problems that I want them to leave me alone (Names I Call My Sister & Friday Night Chicas) and (c) I have a newborn in my house (Switchcraft). But Act III for The Guy Upstairs has plagued me with sleeplessness for the past week and taunted me with questions that I can't yet answer.

So what did I do? I did what any sensibly superstitious woman does and consulted my horoscope which said, “Yet the opportunity before you now is one that deserves to be seized. An imminent alignment from Saturn to Pluto implies you're thinking more than you need to about an idea that just ought to be trusted.”

Today I’m going straight into chapter one and if I keep my nose out of Facebook and Twitter, I’ll get to Act III in about four weeks. Hopefully I'll know what's supposed to happen when I get there.

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Hey, you, Miss Gorgeous... Meet me Upstairs, girl, where I'll kiss your adorable feet for eternity and be your servant. Can't we have anything we want in Heaven? Thot so. See ya.

ShareThis