Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Actors' Vow

Sorry for not posting lately. Busy busy with feature stories that need to be written and a new book that won't leave me alone. But my friend, Gina Ravera posted this on Facebook and while us writers don't take to the stage or screen, we reveal ourselves through words.

The Actors' Vow
From Elia Kazan

I will take my rightful place on the stage
And I will be myself.
I am not a cosmic orphan, I have no reason to be timid.
I will respond as I feel; awkwardly, vulgarly,
But respond.
I will have my throat open.
I will have my heart open.
I will be vulnerable.
I may have anything or everything
The world has to offer,
But the thing I need most,
And want most, is to be myself.
I will admit rejection, admit pain, admit shame,
Admit outrage, admit anything and
Everything that happens to me.
The best and most human parts of me are
Those I have inhabited and hidden from
The world.
I will work on it.
I will raise my voice.
I will be heard.

No comments:

ShareThis