Image from BustedTees.com
Using Body Language and Vocal Gestures to Create More Believable Characters
Online class August 10-September 5, 2009
Fee: $20 for OCC members $30 for non-members
For more information and registration, visit OCC RWA.
Writing Workshops with Author, Playwright & Screenwriter Josefina Lopez
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 8, 15, 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec. 1, 8, 15, 2009
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Beginning Writing
8:00 - 9:30 p.m. Intermediate Writing
9:30 - 11:00 p.m. Advanced Writing
Fee: $10.00 suggested donation for each class (all three in one evening or just one). No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Brooklyn & Boyle Literary and Artistic Salon, , in Boyle Heights.
Go to CASA 0101.org to reserve your spot or call .
Five-Week Creative Writing Workshop by Reyna Grande, 2007 American Book Award winner and author of Across a Hundred Mountains
Starting Sept. 1
Libreria Martinez—Lynwood (in Plaza Mexico)
To register: email@example.com
Los Angeles Latino Book & Family Festival
California State University Los Angeles (CSULA)
October 10-11, 2009
Special events taking place at this year's festival include over 15 panels and seminars including:
· Chicas, Chicanas & Latinas: A Panel of Contemporary Female Authors
· Latino LA: The City of Angels through Poetry, Journalism and Fiction
· Border Stories: Writing About the Immigrant Experience
· History Past & Present in the U.S. Latino Novel
· Writing for the Big Screen
· Editors & Agents: What's Hot in the Publishing Industry
· Writing Historical Fiction
· The Pros & Cons of Self-Publishing
· Chicano Thought & Art
· Barrio Stories: Inspirational Stories of Survival
San Diego County Library's First Annual Literary Event, "Page One: Celebration of the Written Word"
October 16-18, 2009
More info coming soon!