Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Book Is Done




I finished it at 5:10 a.m. this morning. It needed a little spit and polish here and there before I sent it to my agent and editor. In the meantime, I'll have to think up a new title and more than likely, will receive notes from my editor. But for now, it is done.

Thank you God for the gift to write my stories and actually make a buck at it. I've accomplished something really amazing by sharing these crazy ideas of mine with readers not just once, but now thrice with In Between Men.

So with that, I'm off to watch the Food Network. I've become addicted to cooking shows - especially Paula Dean and Rachael Ray - because nothing bad ever happens. Makes me feel at peace that in one part of this crazy world, something will turn out okay.

But the reprieve will be short-lived. On Sunday, I revise my novella.

Beats my old day job even thought I haven't slept since Tuesday.

Salud,
Mary

6 comments:

Camy Tang said...

Congrats! I love finishing a book.

I like Rachel and Paula, too! Problem is, I always get hungry while watching.

Camy

Dana Diamond said...

Yeay! I'm so happy for you. I know how good that feels. :)

I love the pic too. Isn't that a stress ball? Too perfect! ;)

And Mom loves Food Channel too for the exact same reason.

:) d

Erica Orloff said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you, Mary! Have a martini (you said you were going to check out a Green Tea one!).
E

Unknown said...

Hi everyone and thanks for your support! (Remember those Bartles & James commercials for wine coolers?)

I'm looking for a bar here in the O.C. that makes the elusive green tea martini. I know of a place in San Diego but that's a 45-minute drive. So if you know where I can score one, let me know!

Cheers,
Mary
Mary

Unknown said...

Congratulations !

It was fun to observe such a maternity.^^

a French reader of your blog (soon of your books !)

Desiree said...

I love Rachel Ray!! The green tea martini sounds great, when you find it let me know too! :)

ShareThis